State of the Map 2016 is taking place from September 23rd to 25th 2016 in Brussels, Belgium. Meet us at Building Q, Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
You may also be interested in the humanitarian mapping events immediatly prior to State of the Map, and the developers hack event immediatly after. Here is the outline of the events in Brussels:
- Thursday, September 22nd: HOT Summit at the BTC Conference Center and FOSS4G Belgium at Brussels Environment and Energy Agency, followed by a Missing Maps evening mapathon. In the evening, State of the Map attendees are welcome to informally gather at pubs on Rue Saint-Boniface.
- Friday, September 23rd: Join us for day one of State of the Map. Details of the talks are below, with additional space available for informal Birds of a Feather meetings.
- Saturday, September 24th: We move to day two of State of the Map. Our scheduled program of talks is below, and Birds of a Feather sessions are possible. In the evening join us at Brussels Event Brewery for free food and drink (7-11pm).
- Sunday, September 25th: The third and final day of State of the Map will focus on workshops and sharing knowledge. Together we'll discover the next great thing in mapping and hacking but please be kind to our network (bandwidth currently unconfirmed).
- Monday, September 26th: Stay on after State of the Map for a dedicated hack day courtesy of OpenStreetMap Belgium and OSGeo BE communities, sponsored by Bruxelles Environnement and Innoviris.
We've got an amazing program of talks and workshops lined up for you. The difficult bit is deciding which track to go to. All the info on the talks is provided below.